Undocumented and DACA Students

The University of Richmond values a diverse community which brings together students from all backgrounds and experiences in an inclusive and caring community dedicated to personal and intellectual growth.

The University welcomes applications from all students regardless of citizenship or residency. All applications are reviewed holistically and the unique accomplishments and attributes of each applicant are considered within the context of their educational environment.

We are committed to meeting the full demonstrated need of all students admitted as first-years to our full-time undergraduate degree programs. Students who are not U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents should apply for financial aid consideration at the point of their application for admission. All applicants are eligible for both financial aid consideration and university-funded merit scholarships.

For students who are neither U.S. Citizens nor U.S. Permanent Residents — including undocumented, refugee and aslyee without an official Form I-94 status, and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival students who graduated from U.S. high schools — the commitment to meeting a student’s full demonstrated need means that the University provides financial aid awards that do not include loans. 

Undocumented and DACA students with questions about the application process should feel free to contact the Office of Admission for a confidential conversation about the opportunities available to them at the University of Richmond.

Expand All
  • How do I apply?
    Non-U.S. citizens and non-permanent residents apply under the same application plans as all other students; pay attention to specific requirements for non-U.S. citizens. While admission to the University is competitive, each applicant is considered within the context of his or her educational environment. You can view the most recent first-year class academic profile online. The academic profile alone cannot fully represent the special talents and accomplishments of admitted students, their compelling essays, and the recommendations submitted on their behalf.


  • Am I eligible to be considered for merit scholarships?
    Yes, all applicants are considered for merit based scholarships provided they apply for admission by the University’s merit scholarship consideration deadline.
  • How do I apply for need-based financial aid?

    If you believe you will need financial aid during your education, you should submit the CSS PROFILE by the application plan deadline of your choice. Please also submit the non-custodial parent PROFILE if applicable to your family. Our PROFILE code is 5569.

    Asylee and Refugee students that have an official status on their Form I-94 may be eligible for Federal Aid. Submission of the FAFSA is required for Federal Aid consideration.

  • Can I work on campus?
    Students who have an Employment Authorization Document, or those who qualify for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, are eligible for on-campus employment.
  • Do you require a social security number to apply for admission, or to enroll?
    Richmond does not require a social security number for application or enrollment. If a student is eligible and chooses to work on campus, or applies for federal or state financial aid, the student must have a valid SSN.
  • What if my status changes after submitting an application?
    Students pending permanent residency status should notify the Office of Admission if their change in status is approved.